Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bow Wow Wow....


Before I could even get to know it, the black lace beauty sold (see last post).  I always get a little worried after I sell a REALLY fantastic dress, like what if I NEVER find another?  Like what if that's it...?

Luckily, this time I knew I had some winners waiting for me at the dry cleaners.  When I unwrapped and put the 1950's black taffeta party dress with the tartan plaid trim and sash on the dress form I knew I had another, dare I say....showstopper. Just look how FANTASTIC that bow is! Look at the petticoat! Oh geesh.  It's kind of the best holiday party dress ever.

But then look at the one below it.  The black taffeta ball gown with the pleated bodice is pretty fabulous as well.  The back is amazing, the skirt has knife pleated panels.
The charcoal wool dress with the rhinestones and velvet trimmed neckline is wonderful and is related to the black lace beauty from my previous post, it belonged to the same lovely woman. I think it would make an ideal "day into night dress". I love the contrast of conservative wool tweed with black velvet and rhinestones.

I know these are bound to go fast, so if you see one you love don't hesitate to call or come by. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. You do get some beauties in your shop--thanks for sharing. I love the plaid taffeta number!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bow is making me soooooooooo envious of whomever that dress fits, it is exquisite.
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earlier this week I bought the beautiful green necklace pictured with the black dress and am wearing it today at work. I love the color and sparkle - it turned my boring black skirt and sweater into a perfect fall day outfit.

    Now if I can work on fitting into the tweed and rhinestone dress, I'd have the best holiday dress ever.

    Great shop!

    ReplyDelete