Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Want To Get Married In This........






Yesterday I picked up the new issue of Martha Stewart Weddings and was delighted to see a big, frothy, lace and tulle Vera Wang wedding gown on the cover. It was over the top-- a big romantic dream fairy princess kind of wedding dress. Then I remembered. Tucked away in the back of the store, protected in its zipped garment bag I had a very similar fairy princess wedding dress. A lot like Vera's but pinker and maybe 10,000 dollars less expensive.
Made by Arden of California in the 1950's the dress consists of miles and miles of frothy white tulle and lace surrounding a blushing pink underskirt and bodice. Accordion pleats and tiny seed pearls accent the skirt. The neckline is sheer illusion lace...
This is the dress I would wear if I was 30 pounds lighter and had a couple ribs removed.
If you happen to have a 23" waist and a 32" bust and are looking for something extra special, look no further...
Email me at xtabayliz@gmail.com if you have any questions.

4 comments:

  1. what a lovely dress !! what did you do to add your etsy banner in your shop? I would love to do the same but I dont know how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! It'd fit me! :) It's great being five feet tall... too bad I'm not getting married any time soon. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just beautiful! i remember years ago reading something about vintage clothing that suggested if you find something you love, but too large, buy it anyway - because you can always have it taken in...when it's too small? well, you just have to admire it and hope it finds the right person. i am betting this lovely dress will be gone soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely gorgeous! Someone will be the happy owner of that dress, I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete