Friday, November 7, 2014

Vintage Inspiration : Photographer Mark Shaw















Where have these images been all my life? 
While mindlessly searching the internet for an image to use for an upcoming event flyer I stumbled upon the work of photographer Mark Shaw.  Shaw was a popular fashion photographer in the 50's and 60's and worked a lot with Christian Dior in Paris. Shaw is primarily famous for his portraits of the Kennedy's and Audrey Hepburn. I am most fond of these images from the late early 1960's.  The lush, almost claustrophobic interiors and the impossibly well dressed women are intoxicating to me. This is my favorite era of fashion. So refined and luxurious.  These images have proven so inspiring to me that I think I might just have to pull together a holiday fashion show this year. I'll keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment